NOT ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS
Please do not book an appointment if you have not been treated by me. It will be cancelled.
UPDATED COVID SAFETY PLAN: JULY 1, 2021
Entering into Stage 3 of the BC reopening plan begins July 1. Protocols at the clinic has been updated as per WorkSafeBC, Provincial Health, & CMTBC health guidelines.
These can be printed in full per request, however; the highlights that pertain to the clinic of Susanna Chin RMT are as follows.
Mask & PPE protocol for client and therapist:
Masks are recommended by public health authorities in public indoor settings for all people aged 12+ who are not fully vaccinated.
I reserve the right to refuse treatment to the client if they are unvaccinated and refuse to wear a mask.
You will be asked to wear a mask during your time in the clinic until you are 2 weeks post your 2nd vaccine.
Masks will not be mandatory
IF you have had 2 doses of a Canada approved vaccine and are 2 weeks post your 2nd dose.
Though fully vaccinated myself, it is my personal choice to continue wearing either a mask and/or visor during treatments. You are welcome to do the same.
Other protocol adjustments
Patients must arrive at their appointment with no signs of communicable disease. If they have signs of COVID-19, they are to contact public health at 8-1-1 and arrange to be tested and their appointment will be cancelled. You will still be asked to fill out a health check prior to your appointment.
Physical distancing of 2 metres/6 feet should be maintained in clinic areas other than the treatment room, as best as possible within the practice setting.
Cleaning, disinfection, and handwashing protocols will remain the same as before. Air purification system will remain on. I will continue to use the surgical bib in the headrests to create a PPE barrier. There will be handwashing, sani-gel, and masks available for clients who need or want them.
We still ask you arrive on time, do not bring other family members to your visit, and keep your possessions to a minimum within the clinic.
If you late cancel or no-show for your appointment you will be charged the full amount of your treatment. Unless related to illness or isolation requirements due to Covid.
June 20, 2020 Covid update
I am excited to announce that the Port Moody clinic is now open. I want to thank each of you for your patience. I will not be working as much over the summer and am deeply sorry to those I can no longer accommodate with this new schedule.
Please if you do need treatment, seek it out. There are many wonderful therapists out there. I hope to return to my old hours soon but in the meantime, take care of yourselves.
As we return to daily operations, I will need to implement new procedures to ensure we meet the standards of both the government and the massage professional regulatory bodies. I realize this will be a change from the treatment that you are familiar with, safety first is the concern to assure everyone's trust and wellbeing.
1. Arrive on time for your visits. Please pay close attention to your treatment time, as it will be quite specific due to our implementation of the staggered start times. This is in an effort to limit client cross-over and the number of people in our common spaces, as well as to allow time for disinfecting thoroughly between treatments.
2. Please do not come to the clinic until your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outside of the clinic space. We will not have an available lobby at this time and ask that you don’t sit down in our chairs.
3. Be respectful of physical distancing (6ft) with anyone other than your therapist. This includes in our clinic common spaces, as well as our hallways and washrooms.
4. Please come alone to your appointments unless you are here for infant massage or are accompanying a minor.
5. Please bring your own mask to use while in the building. If you do not have a mask and would like to use one I will have masks available for client use. Please understand masks are in shortage and we do appreciate you making every effort to bring your own. Wearing a mask during treatment is optional.
6. When you arrive, I will meet you at the door, I will guide you to the washroom to wash your hands, or to the hand disinfectant in my office. Please do not touch anything till this step has been completed. Please do not wear gloves into the clinic that you have been wearing prior to your arrival.
7. I will not be accepting cash at this time. E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or use of my square system will be used. Note, the touch pad will be disinfected between every client.
8. If you or anyone in your household have or have had ANY of the following symptoms or a confirmed case of Covid-19 in the past 14 days please cancel and reschedule your appointment. Cancellation fees will be waived.
- runny nose/sneezing or nasal congestion
- fever and/or chills
- difficulty breathing
- sore throat
9. If you arrive at the appointment showing symptoms of being sick, you will be sent home. No exceptions.
Please look at the Covid-19 self-assessment tool prior to your session https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
10. Please note that if I, or anyone in my family unit shows signs of being sick I will contact you to cancel your appointment.
I appreciate your understanding in this as well.
11. Please bring as little “extra” with you as possible in the way of bags, jackets etc.
Prior to every treatment you will be required to fill out a consent to treatment form. Please be prepared to take an extra moment to do this. I will do my best to ensure strict protocol to keep everyone as safe as I can, however; there is no way to social distance during a massage therapy treatment and you must be aware of this risk prior to treatment. By signing this form you will confirm - to the best of your ability - that you are not ill and that you release me, Susanna Chin RMT and Mountain Vista Health, from any and all liability should you contract Covid-19 in my office. Please be informed.
These are unprecedented times so please be patient as we navigate this together. Should you require assistance with booking, payments, or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text, or email me anytime.
I look forward to seeing you soon and have greatly missed being apart of your healthcare team.
Please contact me if you have further questions or concerns.
Susanna Chin RMT
book on-line: www.susannachinrmt.ca
RMT update for clients: COVID 19
May 11, 2020
With BC announcing it's phased re-opening plan I have received many inquiries as to when I will re-open.
I am feeling more optimistic, however; there are several steps that must happen before RMT services can happen.
We as a Profession, are waiting on direction from fraser health regarding safe protocol for clients & therapists. Your safety is of the utmost importance to me and I want to ensure to the best of my ability safe treatments for my clients. Until we are given further instruction, massage therapy treatments at my practise will continue to be suspended.
I will remain closed longer than other therapists because of personal increased risk. I recommend that if services re-open before I do, that you continue to seek out treatment, but with other therapists. Your care and well-being is very important to me. Please seek out care if you need it.
I will let everyone know when I plan on returning to work. Thank you for your patience and support. I will see you all soon.
Until then, stay safe.
Susanna Chin RMT
On-line booking is available NOW.
Please select BOOK APPOINTMENT button above to see availability.
To book an Infant Massage Class for your group or business
please email or call directly to discuss class options.
Direct Billing For Pacific Blue Cross & Green Shield
How can Pregnancy massage help me?
Pregnancy massage encompasses a vast number of pre-natal and post-partum concerns and discomforts: